Baby Kasen's Journey

Monday, November 10, 2008

eat n' solids and loving it!

This past thursday the 6 we started Kasen on solids. We did Rice Cereal mixed with breast milk and he loved it! Every time we would bring the spoon close to his mouth he would get excited and start to kick and then grab our hand or the spoon and pull it into his mouth! It was so funny to watch. So far it seems like we are not going to have any trouble getting him to eat other things. He isn't quite four months yet, but we started them because we really thought that he was ready. He already has TWO TEETH. Which I may add are very, very, very sharp. The two of them started to come in on October 13. He was only 3 months to the day! Everyone was very shocked along with me. Especially when the occasional bite down occurs. Can I just say OUCH! 
He is already trying to sit up by himself and is doing really good at it. When he is against something he can sit for quite awhile before falling.The other day when he was in his swing he just started to sit forward. He didn't want to lean back anymore. He is doing it more and more. When someone is holding him and when he is laying down on the floor.
He is turning over too. He actually turned over for the first time from back to front on 
Sep 30 and then from front to back on Oct 8. Now anytime he is on this tummy he flips over onto his back. When I go get him from his crib he will be flipped over from his back to his front turned 180 degrees. It is funny to see the positions he can get himself into in such a small space. 
In mid October I watched my sister's kids for the weekend while she and her husband went to a wedding. She has a 5 year old girl, a 3 year old boy, and a 2 year old old girl. When we were there the kids were so cute with Kasen. They all wanted to help. Every time Kasen would wake up from a nap she would come running into the bedroom saying, "baby Kasen awake!" Kasen really loved being with the kids. He would stare at them and just smile. It really made 
me think that he remembered them from heaven. He really took a liking to the youngest. When she would hold him he would look up at her. It was very precious. He really fed off their happy emotions. 
On the flip side I was shopping at Khols and I was in the dressing room trying on clothes. 
I hearda woman with her two kids and small baby come into the stall right next to mine. She had a newer 
baby 
and the baby started to cry. Kasen looked at me and his lower lip stuck right out and he started to cry
too. Every time the baby would start crying so would he and then when the baby stopped so would he. 
He was kinda sad and cute at the same time.
He has for awhile now also been giggling. It is the cutest and sweetest thing. He first did it when I was blowing on his tummy.
One of his new things that he really likes to do and thinks its funny too is sticking his tongue out. He gets such a kick out of it when other people do it to. I will just sit with him and say La La La over and over again making sure to make my tongue really big. He will look at me and smile so big and then he will stick his tongue out. It cracks me up. 
For Halloween he was Squirt from Finding Nemo. Itwas so adorable. Kasen and I went up to Idaho for the weekend to see my parents. (Mike had work and Fire Class so he stayed home.) He was sick and adjusting to the drive so he spent most of Halloween evening sleeping. I was only able to get a few pictures of him in his costume, but it was worth it. Next year will be fun being able to go trick or treating with him. 
I know this blog is scattered. I apologize. Until next time. Love to all!






































1 Comments:

Blogger Mandy B said...

I love the picture of him sitting in the striped chair with that cute smile. he looks like a little kid and not like a baby anymore. linus on the other hand isn't rolling over, no teeth, cries with the new cereal, no sitting up, still cries like a newborn, and looks like a fat baby. haha. i sure with he was more up to speed with yours. sounds like you will have a walker soon. linus does the tongue thing too and it makes everyone laugh out loud. i love it. i wish i could get smiley pictures to show, linus gets a confused look everytime I get the camera out. you have way better pics for posterity.

November 11, 2008 at 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home